- Meta Pool’s team found a bug that made the calculation of APY for validators inaccurate. The bug delayed the assignment of stake to new validators. There is no impact to stNEAR price or the Meta Pool contract.
- Thanks to the community of validators for raising this issue, putting their concerns on the table and making it possible to detect this bug.
- Meta Pool will airdrop 1000 $META tokens to all validators that didn't receive Meta Pool delegation.
Thanks to the reports from our validators community, Meta Pool’s team discovered a bug that delayed the assignment of delegation to new validators. The bug consisted of a miscalculation of the APY for validators that don’t have Meta Pool’s delegation of NEAR Tokens.
This bug affects only the assignment of delegation by a secondary monitor used only for the validators without stake, once that a validator received Meta Pool’s stake it was not affected. The core functionalities of Meta Pool were not affected by this. Starting in epoch 1844, a patch has been applied and is expected to work efficiently 5 epochs after.
As a way to reward the community for finding this bug, Meta Pool will airdrop 1000 $META tokens to every single validator that was affected by the bug. Those highly active validators on pointing this bug will receive a reward of 5000 $META.
Snapshots were taken on the same epoch as patch has been applied (1844). The airdrop will be done during the month of April, 2023.
For airdrop the following considerations are taken:
- The airdrop will be given to the validator’s owners account.
- Validators that had an intermittent 0% or 10% APY before epoch 1844 will be considered.
- Validators that had Meta Pool delegation will not be considered.
- pool.near validators will not be considered, only poolv1.near.
We want to especially thank the validator community for their support on notifying us about this bug. We expect to keep growing together and collaborate to make Meta Pool a better place for everyone.
Full list of validators that apply for bug bounty airdrop. (53 validators)
- ledgerbyfigment.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- wackazong.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- Grassets.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- inc4.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- lscmval.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- restake.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- centurion.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- shardlabs.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- lavenderfive.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- sicmundus.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- chelovek_iz_naroda.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- meria-staking.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- stakeseeker.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- gritsly.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- stakesstone.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- doubletop.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- bee1stake.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- minion.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- ignor.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- ruziev.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- evstigneeff.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- Nearuaguild.poolv1.near – 5000 $META
- neardevvn.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- chain0ps.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- blntmain.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- n_shoko.poolv1.near – 5000 $META
- mexa-staking.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- polkachu.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- anya-forger.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- interstakeone.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- buildnear.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- korchagin.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- upgold.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- loyanix.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- beobeo.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- stakerrash.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- swissstar.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- Maia.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- abahmane.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- jagon.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- apm.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- agrestus.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- leex.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- coinpayu.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- ibsblock.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- validatrium.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- annanow.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- stingray.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- infstones-global.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- trdm.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- letsnode.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- nepser.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
- snoopfear.poolv1.near – 1000 $META
About Meta Pool & stNEAR
Meta Pool is the leading liquid staking solution for $NEAR and wNEAR token holders. With Meta Pool you earn NEAR staking rewards and maintain your liquidity to participate in DeFi protocols on NEAR and Aurora.
Users staking $NEAR and wNEAR with Meta Pool receive in exchange stNEAR (staked NEAR) tokens.
stNEAR simultaneously accrues staking rewards and unlocks users’ liquidity enabling them to participate in DeFi activities (e.g. lending, farming, borrowing) on NEAR and Aurora.
Stake $NEAR on Meta Pool
Go DeFi on NEAR & Aurora
More APY and more rewards
Meta Pool also solves the problems associated with Proof-of-Stake networks staking: illiquidity, immovability and accessibility. Meta Pool also aims to distribute staking in multiple validators to improve censorship-resistance of the NEAR network.
With a TVL of ~9 Million $NEAR and growing, Meta Pool has become in just a few months a cornerstone element of the NEAR ecosystem. Meta Pool is making NEAR Protocol more decentralized and therefore more secure.
In February 2022 Meta Pool has been successfully audited by BlockSec, confirming the implementation of the highest security standards.
For more information visit https://metapool.app.